Slide Sorter view
Go to Slide Sorter view for your slide show. Either click on the button at the bottom right of your window...
... or go to the VIEW tab and click on the button there.
Go to the TRANSITIONS tab and apply different types of transitions to all of your slides. Click on the slide, and then apply a transition type...
When you click on the drop-down menu, you will get lots of options. Add some type of transition to each slide.
Select all your slides (CTRL+A), and go to the top right of your TRANSITIONS tab...
Uncheck the "On Mouse Click" box. Check the box for "After", and increase the time to 10 seconds for all the slides to start...
Now all your slides are 10 seconds, but then you'll shorten/lengthen some of the following slides as needed...
- Slide #1: Title slide (3 sec)
- Comparison slides (15 sec)
- Any slides with more than 3 pictures (15 sec)
Set up slide show
Go to the SLIDE SHOW tab... and "Set Up Slide Show".
Then set it to "Browsed by individual" (this will automatically set to advance using the timings you've added).
Change the slide order. Click and drag "Birthday" to go after the title slide.
Select the "School" slide and drag that to go after "Birthday".
So your slides should look like this... #2 = Birthday, #3 = School, #4 = Movies etc.
Test it out
Test out your entire slide show - F5.
- Does it run on it's own - text & pictures coming up one at a time, going to next slides without you clicking?
- How's the speed of your text and pictures? If too fast, make each slide show advance after more time.